Omicron Delta Kappa Honor Society inducts new members
LEXINGTON, Kentucky (February 8, 2022) — The University of Kentucky Nu Circle of national leadership honor society Omicron Delta Kappa (ODK) inducted 53 new members in a virtual ceremony on Sunday, January 30, 2022. ODK recognizes superior leadership and exemplary character and encourages collaboration among members during the five phases celebrated by the society: scholarship, athletics, service, communications and arts.
The circle was established on May 2, 1925, and celebrates leaders across campus by co-hosting the Alumni Association Outstanding Teacher Award and other honors like the Maurice A. Clay Outstanding Graduating Senior Award . In June, the UK will again host the organization’s National Leadership Conference.
“These inductees join the long and distinguished tradition of ODK Nu Circle members extending leadership and service to our campus and community,” said Robert Vaughan, history major and ODK Fellow. Vaughan is also chairman of the ODK’s Technology Planning Committee. National Leadership Conference.
“Hosting the NLC gives us the opportunity to showcase ODK’s significant and enduring contributions to the campus here, to over 200 conference attendees visiting the UK from across the country,” he said. declared.
Vaughan also noted that the venue for NLC activities is the Gatton Student Center, a facility whose roots date back to 1931 when ODK student leaders saw the need for an on-campus student center, established seed money for its construction and challenged the UK. Board of Directors to undertake the project.
“It’s quite a special story, and we’re proud of our connection to such an incredible facility and an essential center of student life on our campus, where bonds of friendship and lifelong service partnerships are created.”
As Lisa Haisha’s quote says, “Great leaders don’t set out to be a leader…they set out to make a difference.” It’s never about the role – always about the purpose.” Abby Elbert, current student president of Nu Circle, says “I hope that through this organization members will be inspired to become leaders and use their traits leadership in pursuing their personal and community interests.
Francisco Andrade, a professor at the College of Medicine, joined Nu Circle as an academic advisor in the spring of 2021.
“This is a bright and highly motivated group of students who have maintained a high level of academic achievement and community involvement,” Andrade said. “They did everything in the midst of very difficult and unique circumstances. Their work is an inspiration to me personally and an example of what leadership, talent and dedication can achieve in the UK.
The 2021-2022 inductees are:
- College of Agriculture, Food and Environment: Robert Anderson III, Trinity Burkett, Amelia Crotinger, Chase Eastham
- College of Arts and Sciences: Clair Ashley, Rachael Blandau, Gustavo De Aguiar Martins, Meghan Goins, Moses Ogbaje, Anna Puderbaugh, Nicholas Relich, Seth Ricketts, Stephen Turner
- Gatton College of Business and Economics: Madeline Straub
- College of Communication and Information: Lauren Cain, Leslie LeRoy, Carly Jessup, Justin Turner
- College of Design: Caitlin Herndon, MaKayla Koon
- College of Education: April Chung, Spencer Crawford Kelsey Dickerson, De’Ja Ladd, Jane Walsh, Andrew Watson
- College of Engineering: Brennan Graham, Nathan Kelley, Matthew Meyer
- College of Health Sciences: Molly Tierney, Breyanna Walker
- Faculty of Medicine: Kaleigh Wingate, Jae Hyun Yoo
- College of Nursing: Caslen Johnson
- College of Pharmacy: Kristin Meyer, Lauren Weaver
- College of Public Health: Leah Harold, Scott Keel, Julia Kollitz, Abbi Peck
- College of Social Work: Elizabeth Baugh, Nyoki Cosey-Brown, Alyssa Gathof, Jennie LaBoone, Rowan Macey, Charessa McIntosh, Madison McMullen, Jennifer Mosley, Corletha Norman, Daniel Wallace, Noah Ward, Devery White
Join us on our social media accounts (@ODKatUKY and @ukyodk) for our celebratory shoutouts to our newest members and the full induction ceremony is available on YouTube.
Omicron Delta Kappa is supported by the Chellgren Center for Undergraduate Excellence within the Office of the Provost. For membership information, contact [email protected]