Intermediate Business Analyst (HR) at Datafin Recruitment
ENVIRONMENT: DELIVER business and technology solutions to one of the nation’s leading and growing retail groups seeking a solution-focused Mid-Level Business Analyst with expertise in human resource issues . The role facilitates efficient and competitive business processes by eliciting, analyzing, validating and documenting the organizational and / or operational requirements of the company, proposing alternatives and making recommendations. This role plays a critical role in delivery teams to ensure that solutions are delivered according to business requirements. The successful candidate will be expected to have an appropriate degree / diploma with 3-5 years related experience including HR and retail, have practitioner level Business Analysis certification (ECBA, CCBA), FTI certification or similar, work experience in all aspects of Development Lifecycle (SDLC) software, strong process modeling and SAP skills [URL Removed] Research & Analysis –
- Understand and analyze the current business environment.
- Operate with confidence within the framework of business strategy, current trends and developments in the retail industry.
- Improve and maintain operational systems and processes in a specific area.
- Optimize current and potential integrated systems and E2E business processes.
- Analyze and understand the customers (internal and external) who are impacted, through the use of user journeys, research and / or the passage of time in the different operational areas.
- Analyze and document user requirements and assess their commercial implication on the relevant business process.
- Collaborate with user stakeholders to meet these requirements.
- Suggest and document process improvements where applicable and provide alternatives / options.
- Evaluate the risks, costs, and potential benefits of alternative business process designs.
- Develop business rules and monitor the implementation of these rules in the development of different application systems.
- Design, initiate and lead effective small to medium-sized change initiatives in own area or department.
Facilitation and influence –
- Take charge of maintaining knowledge in a specific area and sharing that knowledge within the team. This includes interviews, presentations and facilitating workshops with business and IT.
- Work closely with architects, designers and business stakeholders to design and implement solutions.
- Research and advise on alternatives presented by technical designers and answer detailed questions regarding commercial design.
- Confidently engage the most appropriate sales representatives for feedback and agreement on the alternatives (related to industry best practices) that are presented.
- Plan, organize and control meetings, workshops and user relations during investigations, design and development of business processes and solutions.
- Advise stakeholders (within IT and the enterprise) to consider the solutions that will work best for the business.
- Motivate stakeholders to change practices and consider other alternatives.
- Coach and mentor of the members of the Junior BA team.
Communication, building and maintaining relationships –
- Build and optimize relationships of trust with business users and IT stakeholders by delivering what is promised and providing comprehensive knowledge and support.
- Foster a partnership between business stakeholders, IT disciplines and delivery teams.
- Collaborate with all disciplines to find value-added solutions and ensure fast and efficient delivery.
- Accurately communicate business requirements to IT to ensure business needs are addressed effectively and efficiently. Keep business users informed of any changes (also take into account requirements changes as they are developed).
- Lead and supervise the evaluation and validation of the solution.
- Identify the cultural, business and organizational constraints affecting the options for change.
- Train business users, provide support and lead sessions for end users.
- Continuously support the business environment, while maintaining an understanding of the company’s business initiatives and objectives, various line portfolios, trends and current developments in the technological field.
- Assist and provide timely feedback on ad hoc queries from business stakeholders.
- Think tank and troubleshooter for business issues.
Organization, multitasking and time management –
- Strong commitment to the objectives of the project and provide high quality work.
- Take responsibility for the timelines of the project plan, the business analysis effort related to a project.
- Plan and organize your own work and keep your promises.
- Focus personal efforts on achieving results aligned with organizational goals
- Relevant diploma / degree with 3-5 years related experience.
- Certification in business analysis at practitioner level (ECBA, CCBA), FTI certification or similar.
Experience / skills
- 3 years of business analysis in the retail process.
- 3 years of retail experience.
- Must have BA experience with HR.
- Experience working in all aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Good process modeling skills.
- SAP experience.
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal.
- Effective relationship management and collaboration skills.
- Good business and computer skills.
- Self-taught, with a positive attitude.
- Customer focused.
- Analytical thinking.
- Focused on results.
- Good planning and time management skills.
- Business understanding of the broader retail industry.
While we would really love to respond to every application, if you are not contacted for this position within 10 business days, please consider your application unsuccessful.COMMENTS: When applying for jobs, make sure you have the minimum requirements for the job. OnlyCitizens of South Africa will be considered for this role. If you are not at the location listed for any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans on all job applications and correspondence. Please send a Word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment Jobs in Cape Town.
Find out more / Apply for this position