Email Marketing For Real Estate Agents: Benefits And Strategies
Successful real estate agents employ a series of marketing strategies that not only sell, but also nurture and grow their client base. One of these strategies is email marketing. When done right, email marketing increases sales, brand awareness, social media footprint, brand promotion, website visits and leads, and more Again. Here is a detailed look at the main benefits derived from email marketing for real estate agents.
Why Email Marketing For Realtors?
Here are five statistics to consider for email marketing in 2021. The numbers are relevant enough to encourage any business owner to consider this strategy:
- Global email marketing generated $ 7.5 billion (USD) in 2020 and is expected to grow to $ 17.9 billion by 2027. (Statistical)
- There were four billion email users in 2020, and that number will likely increase to 4.6 billion in 2025. (Statistical)
- About 64% of small businesses use email marketing – only 5.6% of them work in real estate. (Campaign monitor)
- In August 2021, the average email open rate for real estate was 14.66%, click-through rate 5.38%, and bounce rate 13.17% (Constant contact)
- 31% of B2B marketers agree that email newsletters are the best way to nurture leads, 13% consider articles and blog posts useful, and only 9% prefer in-person events. (Content Marketing Institute)
Realtors use email to communicate with their clients and business partners, but email marketing is not their preferred communication tool. It comes in third place, with 89%, after the telephone (90%) and SMS (93%). (NAR)
There are many email marketing tools available for real estate agents. Among them, the best performers when it comes to subscribers who open their emails are HubSpot (26%), GetResponse (25.48%), and Campaign Monitor (19.70%). (Kinsta)
HubSpot offers one of the best email marketing tools out there. In the real estate industry, the average click-through rate (CTR) is 7.1%. HubSpot only calculates CTRs based on emails opened, while other providers count emails delivered.
- 2,000 emails sent per calendar month. The only downside is that you can’t remove the HubSpot brand;
- Form follow-up emails, however only one automated email per form;
- Follow-up of responses by e-mail;
- Email health reports (with limited functionality);
- One shared inbox;
- Plus a few other tools, like ad management, ad retargeting, live chat (with the HubSpot brand), reporting dashboards (three with up to ten reports each), Messenger integration, etc. .
If you are serious about email marketing, you should consider a professional or business plan. They’re expensive, but they include more tools for lead generation, analytics, and more.
Have an answer
A GetResponse Basic Package includes email marketing software for less than $ 15 if your subscriber list is less than 1000. After that, the price increases as you add subscribers. Other tools included in the plan are autoresponders, sales funnel, unlimited lead funnels, website builder, unlimited landing pages, Facebook ads, and Google ads.
The GetResponse Email Marketing the software has great features including:
- Drag and drop email maker to customize professional templates;
- Design preview on desktop or mobile devices;
- Free GIFs and stock photographs to enhance your design;
- Personalize your design with your branding and content;
- Create your template library;
- Schedule emails at your audience’s preferred time;
- Personalize emails with dynamic content;
- Analyze opens, clicks, bounces, etc.
- Subject lines of A / B test emails
- Track user behavior for better targeting
Of course, the premium plans include more tools and better features, but you can work well with the Basic plan, which is free to test for thirty days.
Note that the average percentage of emails opened per campaign with GetResponse is 25.48% for the real estate industry, and the CTR is 3.07%.
Campaign monitor is another software provider with powerful email marketing software for real estate agents. Typically it has an open rate of 19.70% and a CTR of 2.6%. But, of course, you can get better results for your real estate agency depending on how you design your email campaigns. More on that later.
The basic account for Campaign Monitor is $ 9, and the features that come with it are exceptional.
- Send emails to up to 2,500 subscribers;
- Drag and drop email generator for customizable templates;
- Import your own custom models;
- Segmentation of the audience according to your criteria;
- Unsplash Free Image Gallery;
- Registration pages and pop-up forms, for your site;
- Mobile optimization tools for emails and newsletters;
- A / B tests;
- Real-time report analysis;
- Automated emails;
- Transactional emails: send emails automatically, based on a specific subscriber action such as invoices or account confirmation;
- Dynamic content for better personalization of emails for each subscriber;
- Time zone sending and sending time optimization;
- Email verification to remove bad addresses and keep your lists healthy.
These are just a few of the features you get with a basic Campaign Monitor account. With an Unlimited or Premier account, both of which are very affordable compared to competing email software, you get even more.
Benefits of using email marketing software
The benefits are obvious if you take a look at the features listed above for the email marketing software vendors analyzed: HubSpot, GetResponse, and Campaign Monitor.
- You can send mass emails and newsletters targeted by audience segment and timed at specific time zones. Example segments: buy vs. rent, location of property, features of the property, family size, budget, etc.
- You don’t need coding experience to design a compelling newsletter: drag and drop features do most of the work for you.
- Analytical dashboard shows your email campaign performance, number of open subscribers, and number of bounces.
- You can use dynamic content to personalize emails for each customer.
- You have access to mobile optimization tools, essential to satisfy users who open their emails on their smartphones or tablets.
- Automating saves you time: you no longer need to respond to each email individually. You can now schedule newsletters and send automatic welcome emails to new newsletter subscribers.
- To integrate Registration Forms provided by email software on your website and easily collect new leads. Integrate registration buttons on your Facebook page. Use the signup link in your email signature and other social media profiles to get even more leads.
Email Marketing Ideas For Real Estate Agents
There are many ways to engage consumers with emails – use your imagination and creativity to capture their interest and get them to respond, share, or visit your site to browse lists. Here are some popular ideas:
- Automated welcome emails: When a user subscribes to your newsletter, you can send a welcome message with relevant information, such as how to get started, find an agent, search listings, or just find information about a neighborhood .
- Newsletters: Use this form of email marketing when you have new announcements or upcoming events. You can also bundle your latest blog posts into a newsletter.
- Ad Ads: Based on your audience segment, send ad ads only to people interested in the location and features of the property.
- Open House: Again, these types of listings should only be emailed to those interested in the property type, features, and location.
- Follow-up emails: Only when you complete a transaction or when you need to send more information to a customer. Follow-up emails may include a referral request.
- Neighborhood guides: interesting even for subscribers who have already bought a house. You keep them active and remind them of your brand and services with such emails.
- DIY or Home Improvement Guides: Again, a great strategy to keep old customers interested in your brand.
- Real Estate Market Trends: Great for your B2B partners but simplified can work well for B2C subscribers to help them make informed real estate buying or leasing decisions.
Instead of concluding
Don’t spam and keep your emails relevant and professional. While many businesses send 3-4 emails per week, less is more. Limit your newsletters to once a week or when you have essential and interesting news to share. Don’t forget about audience segmentation: don’t send rentals to customers who are interested in buying.
Whatever strategy you choose for your email marketing campaigns, never buy email addresses in bulk, never “leverage” them from third parties. Instead, always build your list from scratch to have a database of real and interested consumers. Buying or exploiting email addresses is a mistake, leading to bad publicity and litigation as privacy and data protection regulations become more stringent. In addition, this unreasonable and unreasonable practice may also result in the suspension of your account with your email software provider.
And, of course, always give subscribers the option to opt out when they no longer want to receive your emails.