Marketing Manager – Pedestrian TV
Michael Cassel Group produces and presents world-class musical and theatrical productions. Our reputation for combining artistic excellence with commercial acumen has positioned the Michael Cassel Group as one of the world’s leading theater producers. Through our continued successes, we are expanding the interests of the business to include the investment, acquisition and creation of new theatrical intellectual property in Australia, on Broadway and the West End.
We are looking for a dynamic Marketing Manager who is directly responsible for supporting the Senior Director of Marketing in the implementation of all media and strategic planning, marketing plans, media calendars, ad creation, partnerships and promotional activities to maximize ticket sales on all theatrical productions.
- Work with the Chief Marketing Officer and Senior Marketing Director to determine the overall marketing and sales strategy.
- Manage day-to-day marketing campaigns and ensure that all activities support agreed strategies, stay on budget and meet agreed ticket sales targets.
- Manage the day-to-day efforts of the project team across ticketing, media, social media, creative, promotion and advertising agencies to drive marketing and sales strategies.
- Keep the Chief Marketing Officer and Senior Marketing Manager informed of the day-to-day and future production marketing operations.
- Work with designated media agencies to execute media strategy, planning and buying on time and on budget.
- Work with the digital team to develop, execute and maintain innovative online strategies integrating website, online media and social networks
- Develop creative briefs and oversee deadlines, traffic and approval of all creative and production assets with the designated ad agency.
- Work with the designated Social Media Manager to drive the creation and implementation of social media activity, including overseeing content creation and ensuring that activity drives engagement and revenue.
- Develop and maximize relationships with partners and key stakeholders to maximize support through online activity, media channels and third party promotions.
- Create marketing presentations to promote media, tourism and other third parties for partnerships on each production or event.
- Manage contract execution with partners and asset creation.
- Work with the ticketing team to analyze ticket sales, customer research, market conditions and trends in entertainment categories, pricing and demand, and competitor information.
- Work with the publicity team to create and manage press events and opportunities, public relations launches, partner and commercial events, including hospitality, casting performances, publicity meetings and workshops.
- Ensure consistent and precise reports in collaboration with the finance department.
- Work with the finance team to increase purchase orders and pay supplier invoices.
- Provide marketing support as needed to help make all of our offerings successful.
- Other tasks as needed.
- Work in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders;
- Meet regularly with internal stakeholders;
- Work collaboratively and willingly in a small team that is “the whole practical bridge”.
- Work on company policies.
- Reflect the culture and brand of the company with external partners and stakeholders by operating in a collaborative, contemporary, innovative, ambitious and, above all, fair manner.
- An understanding of production brand guidelines, marketing strategies and assets.
- Minimum 5 years of successful experience in managing marketing from strategy to implementation either as a client or in an advertising or media agency.
- A solid understanding of the requirements of maintaining sales targets in a competitive and dynamic market.
- Experience and passion for live entertainment.
- Very good command of Microsoft Outlook.
- Good knowledge of the web and mastery of social media.
- Marketing degree or relevant higher education degree.
ABILITIES & SKILLS
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong decision-making skills with a compelling and believable presentation style.
- Very organized with meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to be creative and take initiative.
- Ability to prioritize, problem solve and meet strict deadlines in a busy environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
- The greatest integrity in professional and personal life.
The job description is not an exhaustive list and may change from time to time to meet the changing needs of the Company.
This role of Marketing Director is based at Sydney.
Applications close on Sunday October 10, 2021.
Applicants are encouraged to apply through Michael Cassel’s webpage at www.michaelcassel.com/recruitment
Applicants are required to submit the following information:
- Current CV;
- Cover letter including your notable accomplishments in a similar role; and
- Contact details of 2 referees.